“ Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart walk around outside of your body.” ~Elizabeth Stone~ ”
I became a mother almost 10 ago. I could talk a lot here about how fundamentally life-changing that moment was or how much I have enjoyed the ride and how relentless, frustrating, joyous, affirming, hysterical and rewarding the journey has been. But there are others more eloquent than me who regularly speak on motherhood. So instead I am going to list the 10 things I hope for this Mother’s Day. One thing for each of the years of my children’s beautiful lives.
- I hope that my children will continue to question everything and explore alternatives when necessary;
- I hope that they maintain their delicious sense of humour;
- I hope that they continue to experience wonder whenever they step outside the front door;
- I hope they continue to cherish their bodies and have long, healthy and fruitful lives;
- I hope they remain passionate and compassionate;
- I hope they learn to manage disappointment, grief, failure and challenge effectively and with good grace;
- I hope they find something to smile about each and everyday;
- I hope that their relationships with others are always full, loving, open and honest;
- I hope they always think of ways to give to others less fortunate;
- And finally, I hope that they will never think that it’s uncool to cuddle and kiss their mother and father
What do you wish for on Mother’s Day?