You know how sometimes you stumble across a recipe and love it so much that you automatically make it over and over until you know it off by heart and then it becomes one of your go-to dishes? You very nearly run the risk of overdosing yourself and your family on it. Well this is one such recipe but to date, none of us are sick of it. My Mum found this delicious chilled soup in a recent issue of NZ House & Garden magazine which is always an inspirational read. It is very, very simple so go ahead and give it a try. In fact why not encourage your children to make it?
- For the soup:
- 1 telegraph cucumber peeled and de-seeded
- Flesh of one large avocado, chopped
- 1 cup of coconut cream
- Handful of coriander leaves
- 3 shallots (scallions), finely chopped
- Juice of one large lime
- 1 cup of chilled water
- Splash of fish sauce
- S&P to taste
- For the garnish:
- 10 cooked prawns, peeled and deveined, roughly chopped
- large handful of peeled, seeded cucumber, finely diced
- Sprig of any pretty edible flowers eg. basil, thyme, chives
- To make the soup simply blend all of the ingredients until smooth. Adjust to taste if necessary and add a little more water if it is too thick for your liking. Chill until ready to serve. Garnish with a little of each of the suggested garnishes.
What’s your go-to recipe at the moment?
Until next time…